THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO OPEN GRANTS
2022 School Grant Recipients
The Arnie Ochs Cornerstone Fund of the Northern Michigan Catholic Foundation is proud to announce that all 16 Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Gaylord received a $5,000 unrestricted grant award in July 2022 for the 2022-2023 school year.
2021 Competitive School Grant Recipients
The Arnie Ochs Cornerstone Fund of the Northern Michigan Catholic Foundation is proud to announce our 2021 School Grant Recipients, granting out a total amount of $50,000:
- Bishop Baraga Catholic School: $11,000-Electives Art Program
- Grand Traverse Area Catholic Schools: $10,000-Dominican Sisters Convent Renovation
- Manistee Catholic Central: $6,000-Library Books Expansion
- St. Ignatius of Loyola: $3,000-Religion Textbooks
- St. Mary Cathedral School: $10,000-Our Lady of Mount Carmel Courtyard Project
- St. Mary Catholic School (Charlevoix): $4,000-Pilgrimage to Rome
- St. Mary Catholic School (Lake Leelenau): $6,000-Retention Campaign: Casting our Nets For Future Growth
Pregnancy Resource Center Grants:
In addition to the school grants, NMCF awarded a total of $20,000 to four pregnancy resource centers located in West Branch, Petoskey, Traverse City and Gaylord. These grants are to support the work of the pregnancy resource centers to protect life and the unborn and were given during the month of May to honor the Blessed Mother Mary.
- New Life Pregnancy Resource Center
- Pregnancy Care Center of Petoskey
- Pregnancy Care Center of the Traverse Bay Area
- Life Choices Resource Center
2020 Competitive School Grant Recipients
The Arnie Ochs Cornerstone Fund of the Northern Michigan Catholic Foundation is proud to announce our 2020 Winter School Grant Recipients, granting out a total amount of $10,000:
- St. Francis Xavier Catholic School- Petoskey: Middle School Mission Trip & Retreat $1,789
- Our Lady of the Lakes Catholic School-Prudenville: Spirit of Truth Religious Education Program $800
- St. Mary Catholic School- Lake Leelenau: Leap of Faith High School Retreat $1,000
- St. Mary Catholic School- Charlevoix: Promotional Retention Project $1,200
- St. Mary Cathedral School-Gaylord: Classroom Rosary Project $1,700
- St. Ignatius Catholic School-Rogers City: Preschool Classroom Furniture $1,571.09
- St. Joseph Catholic School-West Branch: Catholic Textbook Updates $1,946.43
NMCF COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund Recipients
Thanks to generous donors, over $12,000 has been gifted to the following recipients in light of the COVID-19 financial stressors put on the following parish and schools throughout our Northern Catholic Community:
- Divine Mercy Parish & School
- Grand Traverse Area Catholic Schools
- Holy Family Catholic School, Tawas
- All Saints Catholic School, Alpena
- St. Michael Academy, Petoskey
- St. Ann Catholic School, Cadillac
- St. Mary of Hannah, Kingsley
- Bishop Baraga Catholic School, Cheboygan
2019 School Grant Recipients
The Arnie Ochs Cornerstone Fund of the Northern Michigan Catholic Foundation awarded $1,500 to 17 schools, total grant awarded is $25,500.
- All Saints Catholic School-Alpena: Assist with technology needs of the school.
- Bishop Baraga-Cheboygan: Help families needing tuition assistance in the 2019-2020 school year.
- Holy Family-Tawas: Assist with our Scholarship and Aid Program.
- Immaculate Conception-Traverse City: Design, production and installation of the brand new stained glass window above the new Immaculate Conception Elementary School’s front entrance.
- Manistee Catholic Central-Manistee: Help with building improvements.
- Our Lady of the Lake-Prudenville: Added to other recently donated funds to find a used, but newer school bus.
- St. Ann-Cadillac: Allow us to purchase the necessary materials (e.g. new Religion textbooks and materials, teacher computer, student iPads, etc.) for the newly reinstated 7th grade class.
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton-Traverse City: Help with the cost of the St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Middle School Retreat to take place in March of 2020.
- St. Francis High School-Traverse City: Assist with costs associated with the annual junior retreat to Washington, DC for the March for Life in January.
- St. Francis Xavier-Petoskey: Directed towards classroom technology improvements to defray the cost of short-throw projector installations.
- St. Ignatius-Rogers City: Improve school safety with a fixed electronic lock entry door.
- St. Joseph School-West Branch: Help with the cost of Religion Textbooks that will align with the Diocese of Gaylord Curriculum.
- St. Mary Cathedral School-Gaylord: Help install a new fire suppression system.
- St. Mary Hannah-Kingsley: Aid in marketing.
- St. Mary School-Charlevoix: Update and improve technology in our school.
- St. Mary School-Lake Leelanau: Aid in the purchase of a new elementary science curriculum.
- St. Michael Academy-Petoskey:Defray the cost for St. Michael Academy’s Annual Mission Trip.