2020 Competitive Winter School Grant Recipients
The Arnie Ochs Cornerstone Fund of the Northern Michigan Catholic Foundation is proud to announce our 2020 Winter School Grant Recipients, granting out a total amount of $10,000:
- St. Francis Xavier Catholic School- Petoskey: Middle School Mission Trip & Retreat $1,789
- Our Lady of the Lakes Catholic School-Prudenville: Spirit of Truth Religious Education Program $800
- St. Mary Catholic School- Lake Leelenau: Leap of Faith High School Retreat $1,000
- St. Mary Catholic School- Charlevoix: Promotional Retention Project $1,200
- St. Mary Cathedral School-Gaylord: Classroom Rosary Project $1,700
- St. Ignatius Catholic School-Rogers City: Preschool Classroom Furniture $1,571.09
- St. Joseph Catholic School-West Branch: Catholic Textbook Updates $1,946.43
NMCF COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund Recipients
Thanks to generous donors, over $12,000 has been gifted to the following recipients in light of the COVID-19 financial stressors put on the following parish and schools throughout our Northern Catholic Community:
- Divine Mercy Parish & School
- Grand Traverse Area Catholic Schools
- Holy Family Catholic School, Tawas
- All Saints Catholic School, Alpena
- St. Michael Academy, Petoskey
- St. Ann Catholic School, Cadillac
- St. Mary of Hannah, Kingsley
- Bishop Baraga Catholic School, Cheboygan
2019 School Grant Recipients
The Arnie Ochs Cornerstone Fund of the Northern Michigan Catholic Foundation awarded $1,500 to 17 schools, total grant awarded is $25,500.
- All Saints Catholic School-Alpena: Assist with technology needs of the school.
- Bishop Baraga-Cheboygan: Help families needing tuition assistance in the 2019-2020 school year.
- Holy Family-Tawas: Assist with our Scholarship and Aid Program.
- Immaculate Conception-Traverse City: Design, production and installation of the brand new stained glass window above the new Immaculate Conception Elementary School’s front entrance.
- Manistee Catholic Central-Manistee: Help with building improvements.
- Our Lady of the Lake-Prudenville: Added to other recently donated funds to find a used, but newer school bus.
- St. Ann-Cadillac: Allow us to purchase the necessary materials (e.g. new Religion textbooks and materials, teacher computer, student iPads, etc.) for the newly reinstated 7th grade class.
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton-Traverse City: Help with the cost of the St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Middle School Retreat to take place in March of 2020.
- St. Francis High School-Traverse City: Assist with costs associated with the annual junior retreat to Washington, DC for the March for Life in January.
- St. Francis Xavier-Petoskey: Directed towards classroom technology improvements to defray the cost of short-throw projector installations.
- St. Ignatius-Rogers City: Improve school safety with a fixed electronic lock entry door.
- St. Joseph School-West Branch: Help with the cost of Religion Textbooks that will align with the Diocese of Gaylord Curriculum.
- St. Mary Cathedral School-Gaylord: Help install a new fire suppression system.
- St. Mary Hannah-Kingsley: Aid in marketing.
- St. Mary School-Charlevoix: Update and improve technology in our school.
- St. Mary School-Lake Leelanau: Aid in the purchase of a new elementary science curriculum.
- St. Michael Academy-Petoskey:Defray the cost for St. Michael Academy’s Annual Mission Trip.